Machine Operator - B
At AAM, the POWER is in our people. We believe that an equitable and inclusive workplace benefits everyone and that the diversity of our Associates drives creativity and innovation. Our global team of associates is made of dreamers, doers and innovators who are Bringing the Future Faster by Delivering POWER for a safer, brighter and more sustainable tomorrow.
As a member of #TeamAAM, you’ll get to make a difference on day one. You’ll have the opportunity to grow, embrace challenges, build your skills and bring your authentic self to work every day, all while helping to shape the future of mobility for AAM…and the world.
Job Posting TitleMachine Operator - B
Job Description SummaryGeneral production position with daily operations of a high-volume Automated CNC Production Cell. Including but not limited to, the Safety, Quality, Production
Goals, and Continuous Improvements of the assigned Value Stream
- 1 year of manufacturing experience.
- General understanding of manufacturing processes and knowledge of CNC Machine Tool operation, Tooling
- Performing daily dimension checks in accordance with the Control Plan and Quality documents
- Machine feeding of parts
- Gaging and visual inspection
- Ability to perform and train associates on Standardized Work and Quality Standards
- Proper documentation and tagging of parts.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Processes
- Ability to keep a safe and clean work environment
- Adhere to Corporate policies and procedures
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
Required Skills and Education
Required Skills and Education
- Experience using calipers, indicators, and other basic measuring equipment
- Ability to interpret blueprints and CMM Reports / will train
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Required to obtain Forklift and LOTO Certifications
- Ability to work effectively with others
- HSD or GED is required
About American Axle & Manufacturing
As a leading global Tier 1 Automotive and Mobility Supplier, AAM (NYSE: AXL) designs, engineers and manufactures Driveline and Metal Forming technologies to support electric, hybrid and internal combustion vehicles. Headquartered in Detroit with over 80 facilities in 18 countries, AAM is bringing the future faster for a safer and more sustainable future.We work together to support our customers on global and regional platforms with a focus on quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
With our global footprint, we are committed to building an equitable and inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the unique voices of our diverse workforce.Be part of the future with #TeamAAM.AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail TalentAcquisition@aam.com . AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per AAM policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that AAM will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
When you join #TeamAAM, you’ll immediately feel the difference.
#TeamAAM is committed to emPOWERing the next generation of leaders.
At the heart of #TeamAAM is a group of talented, unique individuals.