At AAM, the POWER is in our people. We believe that an equitable and inclusive workplace benefits everyone and that the diversity of our Associates drives creativity and innovation. Our global team of associates is made of dreamers, doers and innovators who are Bringing the Future Faster by Delivering POWER for a safer, brighter and more sustainable tomorrow.
As a member of #TeamAAM, you’ll get to make a difference on day one. You’ll have the opportunity to grow, embrace challenges, build your skills and bring your authentic self to work every day, all while helping to shape the future of mobility for AAM…and the world.
Job Posting TitleMachine Operator
Job Description SummaryThe machine operator is responsible for operating production equipment according to all facility safety and quality standards.
1) Responsible for operating one or more types of computer numeric controlled production equipment.
2) Selects appropriate settings and adjusts as necessary.
3) Controls and adjusts machine settings to complete simple tasks accurately, according to specifications, and in a timely fashion.
4) Loads & unloads material to and from equipment according to prescribed methods.
5) Inspects parts using precision measuring tools and for visual defects and/or certification marks.
6) Clean machines & work area throughout and at end of shift.
7) Follows all safe work practices & safety rules.
8) Follows established quality standards.
9) Works collaboratively with team members, team leaders and others to troubleshoot issues and resolve problems.
10) Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Education
- High school diploma or GED
- 0-1 years working in a manufacturing environment.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, quality documents, set-up and work instructions. Be able to fill out charts and other simple documents and to effectively communicate with team members.
- Ability to use computer terminals; gauges, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
About American Axle & Manufacturing
As a leading global Tier 1 Automotive and Mobility Supplier, AAM (NYSE: AXL) designs, engineers and manufactures Driveline and Metal Forming technologies to support electric, hybrid and internal combustion vehicles. Headquartered in Detroit with nearly 85 facilities in 18 countries, AAM is bringing the future faster for a safer and more sustainable future.We work together to support our customers on global and regional platforms with a focus on quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
With our global footprint, we are committed to building an equitable and inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the unique voices of our diverse workforce.We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail TalentAcquisition@aam.com . AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per AAM policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that AAM will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
When you join #TeamAAM, you’ll immediately feel the difference.
#TeamAAM is committed to emPOWERing the next generation of leaders.
At the heart of #TeamAAM is a group of talented, unique individuals.
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
You have not Saved any jobs yet.